Pastor J.T. Kalejaiye - Follow Me



Topic: Follow Me
Text: Luke 18:28-30
Preacher: Pastor J.T. Kalejaiye

To follow is to travel along a certain course; to follow is to come after.

In 2Kings 2:1-13, Elisha followed Elijah and at the end, he obtained double portion as a reward.
In Numbers 27:18-23, Joshua followed Moses; at the end Joshua obtained rewards - God gave him the spirit of wisdom (Deut. 34:9).
In Acts 12:8, Peter followed an Angel of God and he escaped death.

The person you follow can determine your destiny therefore, you need a good leader as a ladder.
Jesus says "Follow Me", it is an appeal - Ephesians 5:1; Follow me is a divine invitation.



According to the passage, Earthly and Eternal rewards await those that follow Jesus.
John 1:43, Mark 2:14, Matthew 9:9, Matthew 4:21&22, Matthew 4:18&19, Matthew 8:21&22, Matthew 9:27-30, Luke 18:18-23, Mark 8:36.

What do I stand to gain if I follow Jesus?
1. You will not walk in darkness - John 8:12.
2. He will change your life - Peter and Andrew followed Jesus and their destinies changed; Jesus changed them from fishermen to fishers of men.
3. He will lead you to a beautiful destination (Heaven) - Matthew 18:28&29.
4, Divine Honor awaits you - John 12:26.
5. He will take care of your physical and spiritual needs - Matthew 6:33.
6. Many good gifts will be yours - Matthew 16:17&18.

Prayer Points
1. Father, I am ready to follow you, please change my life and condition for better in Jesus'name.
2. Father, please touch me and let my story change for better in Jesus'name.
3. Father, I need help, please help me in Jesus' name.
4. Father, I need pleasant surprises me, please give it to me now in Jesus'name.

Comments