Lord, Save Me!!



TOPIC: LORD, SAVE ME!
TEXT: MATTHEW 14:23-31
PREACHER: PASTOR J.T. KALEJAIYE

This is an emergency cry. An emergency cry is a cry that requires an urgent attention. It could also be a cry of desperation or also a cry for help.
According to the passage, Peter was in trouble; he cried unto Jesus for help and Jesus rescued him. A closed mouth is a closed destiny. There are some lessons to be learnt from the above passage;
1.       Those who cry unto God can never cry unto man: Peter cried unto Jesus and Jesus rescued him fro death. Further examples of those that cried to Jesus are
Blind Bartemaeus (Mark 10:46-52), the ten lepers (Luke 17:12-19). Jesus is willing and ever ready to help- Psalm 34:17, Psalm 107:19, Psalm 145:19. However, it is possible for some cry to go into voicemail – Proverbs 21:13, Psalm 66:18, Isaiah 59:1&2.
2.       I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me: Peter walked on water; the law of gravity was suspended for his sake. 1 Samuel 2:9b, John 15:5.
3.       Beware of Doubt: When Peter doubted, he began to sink. Another example of a man that doubted and also faced the consequence is in 2 Kings 7:1&2.

PRAYER POINTS
1.       Father, like peter, I need your help, please help me.
2.       Father, please let me obtain favour in Jesus’ name.
3.       Father, as I cry to you, do not let me cry unto man for help in Jesus’ name.
4.       Father, from this moment, let grace locate me and relocate me to a better place in Jesus’ name.

God bless you and may your payers be answered in Jesus’ name. You can drop your prayer requests in the comment box below. See you next week. SHALOM!!

Comments